FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino: James Comey 'brought shame to the FBI again' with '86 47' postNew Foto - FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino: James Comey 'brought shame to the FBI again' with '86 47' post

FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino issued a sharp and public condemnation of the bureau's former director, James Comey, Saturday, accusing Comey of disgracing the agency as authorities investigateComey's controversial "86 47" Instagram post. In a statement posted to X,Bongino saidComey's actions are another example of failed leadership that continues to haunt the agency. "Former FBI Director James Comey brought shame to the FBI badge, yet again, this past week," Bongino wrote. "The Director and I spend an inordinate amount of time cleaning up messes left behind by former Director Comey. And his latest actions are no exception." Trump Says Comey Knew 'Assassination' Meaning Behind Deleted Social Media Post Comey, dismissed by PresidentDonald Trumpin 2017, sparked outrage after posting a photo to social media Thursday showing seashells arranged to say "86 47," a phrase widely understood to mean to "get rid of" the 47th president. Though Comey later deleted the post and claimed it was misunderstood, many, including Trump, say the meaning was clear. "He knew exactly what that meant. A child knows what that meant," Trump said Friday on Fox News. "If you're the FBI director, and you don't know what that meant,that meant 'assassination,'and it says it loud and clear." Read On The Fox News App Comey offered a follow-up statement online, saying he "didn't realize some folks associate those numbers with violence" and that it "never occurred to me." Bongino strongly rejectedthat explanation, describing it as part of a larger pattern of misconduct. In his post, Bongino wrote: Former Fbi Director James Comey Meets With Secret Service After Controversial '86 47' Post "As the Deputy Director of the FBI, I am charged, standing with Director Patel, with managing the most powerful law enforcement agency in the world. The Director and I are also responsible for looking at grave mistakes made by people within the FBI in the past, and ensuring they never happen again." He stressed the FBI's continuing commitment to supporting federal law enforcement partners investigating any threats involving public officials, past or present. "While the FBI does not have primary investigative responsibility for investigating threats against the POTUS, and we do not make prosecutorial decisions, we do have the ability and authority to support other federal agencies for violations of federal law," Bongino said. "And we certainly have a responsibility to comment on matters involving former FBI officials, and allegations of law-breaking." The U.S. Secret Service has already interviewed Comey about the incident.FBI Director Kash Patelsaid in a separate statement that the bureau is "in communication with the Secret Service and Director Curran." Bongino noted that this latest controversy is part of a general legacy of dysfunction inherited from Comey's leadership, which he and Patel are working to fix from the inside out. "As I've stated in the past, I cannot post openly about all the things the Director and I are doing to reform the enterprise, but I assure you, they are happening," Bongino wrote. "Sadly, many of those agenda items are the result of former Director Comey's poor decision-making and atrocious leadership. "And to those who doubt me, I assure you, when you see what the Director and I see from the inside, it's even worse." Bongino said he chose to post his statement now because his scheduled interview with FOX Business anchorMaria Bartiromo, which will air Sunday on"Sunday Morning Futures,"was recorded earlier in the week, before the Comey post was made public. "I'm addressing this now, rather than on our interview with Maria Bartiromo [Sunday], because we recorded that interview earlier in the week prior to the incident with Comey," he explained. He closed with a message to the country that echoed his support for the law enforcement community and the reforms underway at the FBI. "God bless America, and all those who defend Her," he said. Bongino, a former NYPD officer and longtime Secret Service agent, was appointed deputy director of the FBI earlier this year. His leadership under Director Kash Patel reflects a broader effort by the Trump administration to restore accountability and integrity to the FBI after years of what many see as politically motivated misconduct. The FBI did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for further comment. Original article source:FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino: James Comey 'brought shame to the FBI again' with '86 47' post

FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino: James Comey 'brought shame to the FBI again' with '86 47' post

FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino: James Comey 'brought shame to the FBI again' with '86 47' post FBI Deputy Director Dan Bong...
Indian space agency's satellite mission fails due to technical issue in launch vehicleNew Foto - Indian space agency's satellite mission fails due to technical issue in launch vehicle

NEW DELHI (AP) — The Indian space agency's mission to launch into orbit a new Earth observation satellite failed after the launch vehicle encountered a technical issue during the third stage of flight, officials said Sunday. The EOS-09 Earth observation satellite took off on board the PSLV-C61 launch vehicle from the Sriharikota space center in southern India on Sunday morning. "During the third stage ... there was a fall in the chamber pressure of the motor case, and the mission could not be accomplished," said V. Narayanan, chief of the Indian Space Research Organisation. Active in space research since the 1960s, India has launched satellites for itself and other countries, and successfully put one in orbit around Mars in 2014. After a failed attempt to land on the moon in 2019,India became the first country to land a spacecraftnear the moon's south pole in 2023 in a historic voyage to uncharted territory that scientists believe could hold reserves of frozen water. The mission was dubbed as a technological triumph for the world's most populous nation.

Indian space agency's satellite mission fails due to technical issue in launch vehicle

Indian space agency's satellite mission fails due to technical issue in launch vehicle NEW DELHI (AP) — The Indian space agency's mi...
Around 20 injured after Mexican Navy training ship strikes Brooklyn Bridge, officials sayNew Foto - Around 20 injured after Mexican Navy training ship strikes Brooklyn Bridge, officials say

Around 20 people were injured when a Mexican Navy training ship carrying 277 passengers struck the underside of the Brooklyn Bridge in New York Saturday night, officials said. The ship lost power around 8:20 p.m. as the captain was maneuvering the ship, which forced the vessel towards the bridge's pillar and the ship's mast struck the bridge, New York Police Department Chief Wilson Aramboles said at a news conference Saturday. Video shows the Cuauhtémoc's mast hitting the underside of the bridge and breaking as the vessel passes through, with pieces falling down towards the deck. No visible damage could be seen on the bridge itself, which was open to traffic Saturday night after shuttering briefly. There were sailors on the bridge's mast who were injured, Aramboles said. New York City Mayor Eric Adams said 19 people were injured, including four with serious injuries. The Mexican Navy noted 22 were hurt in a post in Spanish on X, with 19 receiving medical attention at local hospitals. "The status of the personnel and material is under review by naval and local authorities, who are providing support," the Mexican Navy said. The ship was on a training cruise, which takes place every year, Mexican Navy spokesman Capt. Juan Caballero told CNN. All lanes of the Brooklyn Bridge were briefly closed in both directions after the incident but had reopened as of 10:30 p.m., according to New York emergency officials. "While inspections will remain ongoing, there are no signs of structural damage to the Brooklyn Bridge at this time," according to Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for Adams. NYPD told residents to avoid the area of Brooklyn Bridge, South Street Seaport in Manhattan, and Dumbo in Brooklyn. "Expect heavy traffic and a large presence of emergency vehicles in the surrounding area," police said on X. This is a developing story and will be updated. CNN's Mark Morales contributed to this report. For more CNN news and newsletters create an account atCNN.com

Around 20 injured after Mexican Navy training ship strikes Brooklyn Bridge, officials say

Around 20 injured after Mexican Navy training ship strikes Brooklyn Bridge, officials say Around 20 people were injured when a Mexican Navy ...
Ritual, symbol and a popemobile tour mark Pope Leo XIV's installation MassNew Foto - Ritual, symbol and a popemobile tour mark Pope Leo XIV's installation Mass

VATICAN CITY (AP) —Pope Leo XIVis officially opening his pontificate in a ceremony Sunday that blends ancient ritual, evocative symbols and a nod to modern-day celebrity, all in front of the presidents, princes and tens of thousands of people expected to pack St. Peter's Square to celebrate history's first American pope. Leo will start the day by taking his first tour through the piazza in the popemobile. The open-topped vehicle has become synonymous with the papacy's global reach and mediatic draw, used at home and abroad to bring popes close to their flock. It was here that Pope Francis took his last popemobile ride on Easter Sunday, and it was on the back of a modified popemobile that Francis' casket was brought across Rome last month to itsfinal resting place. Leo, the 69-year-old Chicago-born Augustinian missionary, seems a bitmore timidthan Francis. But all eyes will be on how he manages the throngs of pilgrims, tourists and curiosity-seekers, and the babies who will inevitably be passed up to him for him to bless. After the festive public tour in the square, Leo goes into the basilica to begin the solemn ceremony to inaugurate his ministry in a series of rites that emphasize the service that he's called to offer to lead the Catholic Church. He prays first at the tomb of St. Peter, considered to be the first pope, under the basilica's main altar and then processes out to St. Peter's Square for the Mass. Strict diplomatic protocol dictates the seating arrangements, with both the United States andPeru getting front-row seatsthanks to Leo's dual citizenship. U.S. Vice President JD Vance, a Catholic convert whotangled with Francisover theTrumpadministration's mass migrant deportation plans, is leading the American delegation along with U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio. Peruvian President Dina Boluarte is one of around a dozen heads of state attending, including Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. During the Mass, Leo will receive the two potent symbols of the papacy: the lambswool stole, known as a pallium, and thefisherman's ring. The pallium, draped across his shoulders, symbolizes the pastor carrying his flock as the pope carries the faithful. The ring, which becomes Leo's official seal, harks back to Jesus' call to the apostle Peter to cast his fishing nets. The other symbolically important moment of the Mass is the representational rite of obedience to Leo: Whereas in the past all cardinals would vow obedience to the new pope, more recent papal installations involve representatives of cardinals, bishops, priests, deacons, nuns, married couples and young people participating in the rite. In the days since his historic election, Leo has already sketched outsome of his key prioritiesas pope, emphasizing a message of peace, so it's not known if he'll use his installation homily as a mission statement as some of his predecessors did. In his Oct. 22, 1978 installation homily, St. John Paul II uttered a phrase that became something of a refrain of his pontificate and the ones that followed: "Be not afraid! Open wide the doors to Christ!" Pope Benedict XVI quoted his predecessor during his installation homily, on April 25, 2005, and offered a meditation on the symbols of church unity represented by the pallium and fisherman's ring. Francis' installation homily, on March 19, 2013, focused on the need toprotect the environment, an early hint of what would become one of the priorities of his pontificate. Leo has vowed all efforts to find peaceful ends to the wars in Ukraine, Gaza and elsewhere. But as a priority, he has also identified the challenges to humanity posed byartificial intelligence, making the parallel to the challenges to human dignity posed by the industrial revolution that were confronted by his namesake, Pope Leo XIII, who was pope from 1878-1903. After the homily and at the end of the Mass, Leo will offer a final blessing and then go into the basilica to greet the heads of the more than 150 official delegations attending. Security is expected to be tight, as it was for Francis' funeral on April 26, which drew an estimated 250,000 people. Rome authorities are planning for another 250,000 on Sunday. The piazza and main boulevard leading to it, and two nearby piazzas have been set up with giant television screens, and dozens of portable toilets have been erected in a nearby park. ___ Associated Press religion coverage receives support through the AP'scollaborationwith The Conversation US, with funding from Lilly Endowment Inc. The AP is solely responsible for this content.

Ritual, symbol and a popemobile tour mark Pope Leo XIV's installation Mass

Ritual, symbol and a popemobile tour mark Pope Leo XIV's installation Mass VATICAN CITY (AP) —Pope Leo XIVis officially opening his pont...
Mexican Navy sailing ship hits Brooklyn BridgeNew Foto - Mexican Navy sailing ship hits Brooklyn Bridge

A Mexican Navy training sailing ship crashed into the Brooklyn Bridge on May 17, shearing the top of its masts and causing 19 injuries, authorities said. New York Mayor Eric Adams said at a news conference four of the 19 were seriously injured. All of the injuries took place on the ship, authorities said. The New York Police Departmentsaidto avoid the bridge. "Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the@SEMAR_mxtraining ship Cuauhtémoc incident at the Brooklyn Bridge. We are monitoring closely and are in touch with the Government of Mexico via@SRE_mxto provide support as necessary. You have our full support," the U.S. Ambassador in Mexicosaid in a post on X. The Mexican Consulate in New York posted several days earlier that the training ship would be arriving in New York at Pier 17 and people were welcome to visit for free from May 13 to 17. CNN reported Mexican Navy spokesman Capt. Juan Caballero said the ship was on an annual training cruise. This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Mexican Navy sailing ship hits Brooklyn Bridge

Mexican Navy sailing ship hits Brooklyn Bridge

Mexican Navy sailing ship hits Brooklyn Bridge A Mexican Navy training sailing ship crashed into the Brooklyn Bridge on May 17, shearing the...

 

RICK MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com